Saturday, July 12, 2008

The Two Ends of the Spectrum

Davin's been bugging me for a while about watching Dexter - the serial killer who works for the cops show. I haven't bothered, mostly because I'm lazy, partly because it sounds kind of gross. Finally though, just a few days ago, I caved in and watched the first episode.

Within two nights I'd watched four. It's so good. Yes, a little gross, but it's stylized enough that I can watch it without making me feel too squeamish. And I love Micheal C. Hall. A lot. He plays the gay brother in Six Feet Under (bizarrely the two shows he's famous for are both about dead people. Type cast?)

Now I haven't watched it for a few days and I'm itching to start watching it again.

And Roxana has been harassing me to watch Arrested Development ever since she was in Paris and watched all of season three. Matthew and Jocelyn have told me several times that I would really like it and I should watch it, but I haven't because the little bits and pieces I've watched I haven't really liked that much. They were amusing but made me uncomfortable in a bad way.

But finally I started watching it, a couple of nights ago. And yes indeed, it is really amusing. Jason Bateman has the best expressions and Michael Cera is so adorably awkward and sort of sad. I'm enjoying it, I must admit.

My dad is finally, finally, FINALLY reading the 7th Harry Potter book. Our TV has been broken for a while so instead of watching soccer at night (thankfully the TV held out until after the European Championship and English Premier League finished) my father has been reading the Harry Potter books. So he's finally caught up and managed to make it to the seventh book. He's just got past the wedding I think.

I'm off to the Orange County Fair. Hope it goes well!

Rosie

No comments: